eSports Betting India Guide
Every year, esports betting keeps getting bigger and bigger and has become a global phenomenon. One country where esports is growing fast is India, where we have seen many new players and tournaments in the last few years.
As high-speed Internet has become more and more accessible in India in the last years, the popularity of esports has grown rapidly. With a population of over one billion people, the potential for esports in India is, of course, enormous.
This has also led to an increased interest in esports betting in India. More and more betting companies are offering esports betting with a focus on the Indian market. Esports betting in India is becoming more and more popular as India now gets its own stars and teams in esports.
On this page, we will focus on how esports betting works and every aspect of it. We will start by taking a look at esports betting in India and then get more into detail on how esports betting works in general. Then we’ll look at the best esports betting operators in India before we conclude with a guide to the most popular games in esports and a FAQ.
Best esports betting sites in India 
140% up to 1 500€
|Play Now Read Review||Accept Rupees|
100% match up to ₹2,500
|Play Now Read Review||Accept Rupees|
How to start betting on esports
If you want to start betting on esports, you need an account on a bookmaker that offers esports betting. Nowadays, almost every betting site online offers some esports betting. We highly recommend that you choose a betting site that focuses on the Indian market. That way, you get better coverage for esports in India. At the same time, you avoid payment problems.
How to create an account
Creating an account on a betting site online is very easy. Here’s a quick guide:
- First of all, you need to choose a betting site, like for example Royal Panda.
- Go to www.royalpanda.com/sports/ and click on “Join now” in the upper right corner.
- Fill out your information and register.
- Start betting on Royal Panda.
100% WELCOME OFFER UP TO ₹100,000!
- No Fees on Payments
- Supports INR Payments
- Vast Selection of Game Offerings
What can you bet on in esports?
As esports betting has grown in the last years, the number of alternatives has increased significantly. When betting on esports, there is a lot more you can bet than just the end-result. When it comes to big games, like, for example in League of Legends or CS:GO, it is not uncommon to have over 50 different markets or betting alternatives available for just one single game. Below is a list of different bets that exist in esports betting:
- Match winner – Most common form of betting where you bet on the winner of the match.
- Total maps – Here you bet on how many maps will be played in a match, most often over or under 2.5 maps.
- Correct map score – You bet on the exact map score in the match. Since most matches are played in best of three match, you bet on one of the team winning 2-0 or 2-1.
- Map betting – In this case you bet on which team that will win one of the maps in the game, for example map 2.
- Maps handicap – When you bet on maps handicap you bet on the final result if one of the teams starts with an advantage of +1.5 or -1.5 map.
- Total rounds (CS:GO) – Here you bet on the total number of rounds in each map, for example over or under 26.5 rounds.
- Outcome and total rounds (CS:GO) – This a type of combo bet where you bet both on the total number of rounds in one map and the winning team in the map.
- Round handicap (CS:GO) – Just as with maps handicap you bet on the result in one map if one of the teams starts with an advantage of for example +5.5 or -5.5 rounds.
- Most kills in the match (CS:GO) – Here you simple on the team with most kills in the match.
- Map betting – Kills (CS:GO) – In some matches you can bet on how many kills each individual player makes in each map, for example over or under 15.5. You can also bet on if there is a knife kill, if any player gets an ace or which team that makes the first kill.
- Map betting – Objectives (CS:GO) – There is also the possibility to bet on certain scenarios in one map, such as total rounds won by time running out, total rounds won by bomb explosion and total rounds won by bomb defusal.
- Race to a certain number of kills (LoL, Dota2) – Here you bet on which team to reach 5, 10, 15 or 20 kills in one of the maps.
- Team to destroy first tower (LoL, Dota2) – You simply bet on which team that destroys the first tower on one of the maps.
- Team to slay/destroy…. (LoL, Dota) – In both League of Legends and Dota2 you can bet on which team that does a number of things first in each map. In LoL you can for example bet on which team that slays the first dragon, slays the first baron or destroys the first inhibitor. In Dota2 you can for example bet on which team that slays first Roshan or destroys the next barracks.
Top 3 Esports betting sites
As mentioned before, nowadays almost every betting site offers some kind of esports betting. But the selection can vary a lot from site to site. Our tip is not only to choose a betting site with a good selection for esports but also a site that focuses on the Indian market. In that way, you also get to play with Indian Rupees and have more payment options. Here are our top 3 choices when it comes to esports betting.
Royal Panda is a very good choice when it comes to esports betting as the site offers odds on every one of the big games in esports such as League of Legends, Dota2, CS:GO, StarCraft 2, Warcraft III, Call of Duty and Rainbow Six. When it comes to big games and tournaments, like for example League of Legends, Dota2 and CS:GO, there are usually a large number of betting options to choose from. Apart from the final result you can also bet on map winner, number of kills, and first team to destroy a certain object.
Royal Panda also offers live betting on esports, which means you can bet on a match while it is underway. There is also a bonus offer, where you get a free bet when you sign up for the site, which you then can use when betting on esports.
100% WELCOME OFFER UP TO ₹100,000!
Betway is one of the best options for esports betting as the site has a whole section dedicated exclusively to esports, which you can find in the top menu. The site offers betting on League of Legends, Dota2, CS:GO, Call of Duty and Starcraft 2. The options are especially good for CS:GO, Dota2 and League of Legends with a great number of both international and regional events to choose from.
Apart from that, the number of betting options for a single game can reach up to 100, which means you can bet on anything from the final result to map winners and the number of rounds that will be played.
Betway also offers different campaigns with focus on esports, like for example boosts, which means that you get higher odds than normal on certain games.
100% match up to ₹2,500
Campeonbet offers betting on all the big games in esports such as CS:GO, Dota2, League of Legends, Starcraft 2 and Call of Duty, but also sports games like FIFA and NBA2K. You will find the best selection for League of Legends and Dota2 with anywhere from 10 to 20 different leagues, tournaments and events to choose from.
The betting options for one single match vary depending on game and event, but for big events there can be up to 40 different betting options, such as final result, map winner, and first team to a certain number of kills. Live betting is also available for lots of matches.
For new players, Campeonbet offers a special esports bonus, where you get 50% bonus on your first deposit up to 100 GBP, which is equivalent to nearly 10,000 Rupees. If you deposit 50 GBP (5,000 Rupees) you get an additional 25 GBP (2,500 Rupees) in bonus.
140% up to 1 500€
Most popular games in Esports
Nowadays, there is a vast number of games in esports, some more popular than others. Many of the games in esports are also available for betting. A game’s popularity varies as time goes by, much more than other sports that you typically find in sportsbooks, which remain more consistent in popularity. Below we have listed the most popular games in esports.
No doubt, one of the most popular games in esports and the biggest in the first-person shooter category. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, which is the full name, was released in 2012 and within a few years it had grown to become one of the biggest games in esports.
There are many different CS:GO competitions on both an international and a regional scale. The biggest competition is the CS:GO Major Championship, which takes place once a year. The next event is set to take place in Stockholm, Sweden under the name PGL Major Stockholm 2021 with a prize pool of two million dollars.
League of Legends
LoL was released in 2009 and is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game. Around the world, there are many regional competitions in for example Europe, North America, China, South Korea, and Brazil.
Each of these competitions works as qualifiers for the two big international tournaments, Mid-season Invitational and the World Championship. The LoL World Championship is the biggest event in esports with over 100 million viewers worldwide. LoL will also be a part of the Asian Games in 2022.
Dota2 is just like LoL; a MOBA game and a sequel to Defense of the Ancients (DotA). When it was released in 2013 it became an immediate success. Today there are many leagues and competitions around the world.
The biggest event is The International, which is the unofficial world championship of Dota 2. It is organised by the game developer Valve and takes place in August every year with a prize pool of over 30 million dollars.
Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter but was not developed for esports. However, just a few months after its release in 2016, the first organized competitions took place.
The biggest competition is North American-based and is known as the Overwatch League, which has many similarities with other sports leagues such as NFL, NBA och NHL. Most teams are from the USA, but there are also teams from China, South Korea, France, and the UK.
Call of Duty
The first game in the Call of Duty series was released in 2003, and in 2006 the first esports events took place. Tournaments are most popular in North America and Europe. In 2020 the Call of Duty League was launched with city-based teams in for example Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Toronto, New York, Paris and London.
Apex Legends is a first-person shooter battle royal game that was released in 2019. Soon after the first esports events were established. The biggest competition is the Major events a few times a year with a prize pool of up to one million dollars.
Frequently asked questions about esports betting in India
Whether esports betting is legal in India is a grey area. It is not by definition, illegal since the law does not regulate it. The view on betting also varies from state, where some states have a far more liberal view on betting and pushing to legalize it, like, for example, the state of Sikkim.
If you make an effort really getting into esports, learning about the games, the teams and finding the best odds possible, betting on esports can be quite profitable. But it takes patience and you have to look to it for the long run.
Esports betting is quite easy as many betting sites offering betting on esports. Just find a site with a good selection for esports and start betting on your favorite team. To learn more about esports betting, take a look at our guide.